Early life :
Govinda was born on 21 December 1963 in Mumbai. Govinda's father Arun Ahuja lived in Gujranwala, Punjab before partition. Arun Ahuja came to Mumbai at the behest of veteran filmmaker Mehboob Khan. After coming to Mumbai in 1937, Mehboob Khan gave him the opportunity to act in his film Ekta Rasta. Govinda's mother Nazim was a Muslim. After converting, he named his name Nirmala Devi. Nirmala Devi was also a film actress, when Govinda came to Hindi cinema, it was a period of action and romance. At that time there was no hero in the field of comedy who could play the lead role in the film.
The arrival of Govinda has revived the era of comedy-filled films in Hindi films, it would not be wrong to say that. Govinda was not only the best in comedy but also had no answer in dance and drama. Films like Hero Number One, Raja Babu will remain a sample of Govinda's smiling artistry for a long time to come.
With his comedy and dance style, he started a new chapter in Bollywood. When Govinda came into the world of acting, most of the action films were in abundance at that time. At such a time, Govinda showed courage to play comedian out of the box and he was succesful in it.
You Also Read More Biography -- : Akshay Kumar
But then after filming a lot of flops at the box office in 2000, he collaborated with the film Akshay Kumar on Bhaagam Bhaag (2006), Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif as Partner (2007), Life Partner (2007), Life Partner (2009) Like many successful films. After this, in 2015, he also played the role of a judge on G-TV's dance reality show, Dance India Dance Super Mom Season 2, replacing Mithun Chakraborty.
On 5 January 1994, there was a painful accident with Govinda while going to the studio to shoot the Khudadar film. Govinda's car collided with another car and due to this he suffered a serious head injury. But even then Govinda did not refuse to shoot but he worked till midnight after showing the doctor once.
Govinda's career started with the film 'Iljam' which was a super hit at the box office, after which he worked in many films and his work was appreciated by all, the time between 1990 and 1999 was very good for his films. And her performance was well received by critics and audiences, as well as her success at the box office, she has played two roles in many films and in the film 'Had Kar Di Aapne', she did a lot when the same family He also played the character of 6 different members of his own. He also has the title of 'No 1' because his 6 films have 'No 1' at the end of their names.
At the time of the election, he stated that his agenda is migration, health and knowledge. In the field of migration, he has done a lot of work in Borivali-Virar. According to official sources, he also did a lot of work in the field of health and education.
Govinda also had to go through a bad phase in his career. Govinda`s says that he realized during the bad phase of his career that people in the industry only pay attention to those who succeed. Govinda said that it was a difficult period for him because the industry is in the hands of some people. It all depends on the release and success of your films. Govinda said that success will be wonderful, then people will talk to you. Govinda also believed that he should not join politics. He said that he failed to establish himself in the area.
Govinda has worked on the big screen as well as the small screen. He played host to Sony TV show Jeeto Chappar Phad Ke in 2001. After this Govinda also worked in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. He became a judge on Zee TV's popular dance reality show 'Dance India Dance Super Moms Season 2' in 2015.
Govinda`s has been awarded many awards from time to time for his commendable performance. Govinda was nominated for the Filmfare Award for 1994 film Aankhen. After this he also got a nomination for 'Coolie No 1'. In 1997, he received the Filmfare Award for the film 'Saajan Chale Sasural'.
interesting fact :
- Govinda slapped an audience Santosh Rai on the set of the film Mani Hai Toh Honey Hai. In December 2015, the Supreme Court asked Govinda to apologize.
- Govinda survived dying while going for the shooting of the film Khudadar. His car crashed into another car. He did not cancel the shooting, despite a deep injury to his head and bleeding.
- Govinda had to face a lot of criticism as an MP. Especially during the July 2005 rains in which 450 people lost their lives.
- Govinda's first job was a manure advertisement. His first lead role in the films was in the film directed by his Uncle Anand.
- Govinda shot his second film Love 86 in June 1985 and by the middle of July had completed 40 more films. He has won a Special Filmfare, a Filmfare in the Best Comedian category and four Zee Cine Awards.
- Govinda's first release was 'Iljam' which rocked the box office and became the fifth hit film of the year 1986. The song 'Street Dancer' of the film dominated all those days and Govinda became a dancing star overnight.
- Govinda first worked with director David Dhawan in the film 'Mighty', followed by around 17 films in the 90s, including 'Swarg', 'Shola Aur Shabnam', 'Coolie No.1', 'Raja Babu' ',' Saajan Chale Sasural ',' Banarsi Babu ',' Deewana Mastana ',' Hero No.1 ',' Bade Miyan Chhote Mian ',' Hasina Maan Jaayegi 'and' Aankhen '. Till now he has done almost 165 Hindi films. Govinda married Sunita ji and they have a daughter Tina Ahuja and a son Yashvardhan. Govinda's daughter Tina Ahuja also made her Bollywood debut with the film 'Second Hand Husband'.