Who is Nana Patekar ?
Nana Patekar is a great artist and is known for his strong acting. This actor has also worked in many Marathi films along with Hindi films. He has won Filmfare Awards in three categories.
- Name : Vishwanath Patekar
- Birthday : January 1, 1951
- Birth Place : Raigarh, Maharashtra
- Hometown : maharashtra
- Bachelor of Education
- Father's Name : Gajanand Patekar
- Mother's Name : Dinkar Patekar
- Brother's Name : Ashok Patekar and Dilip Patekar
- Wife's Name : Nilkanthi Patekar (Divorced)
- Children's Name : Malhar Patekar
Birth Details And Family Details
- Born in Maharashtra, Nana comes from a Marathi family and his parents have a total of three sons.
- Nana's father used to be a cloth merchant in his time, while his mother was a housewife. Nana's wife's name is Neelkanthi, who used to work in the bank and the couple also has a son. Although he is said to have had two sons, but one of his sons died.
Read More -- : Manoj Pahwa
His childhood is spent in Mumbai city and he has taken his education from Samarth Vidyalaya of this city. At the same time, after passing class 12, he was enrolled in the Sir JJ Institute of Applied Art in Mumbai and received his degree from this college.
Information related to Nana Patekar's personal life-
- This actor is very fond of cooking and he often cooks a variety of dishes for his family and his friends.
- He is a very angry person and it is said that many times during the shooting of the film, he used to argue with the director of his film.
- His son is also an actor and Nana did not help his son in becoming an actor, because he believed that his son should become an actor on his own.
The actor made the first film of his life in 1978 and his film was titled Gaman. The film was directed by Muzaffar Ali. In this film, he worked with Farooq Sheikh and Smita Patil.
- When he was in the 9th grade, due to lack of money at that time, he started painting the posters of the film and for this work he was paid Rs 35.
- Nana has started an institute to help the farmers of his state and through this institute, he donates money to poor farmers.
- This actor has also directed a film called Prahar, along with he has sung songs in three films.
The actor with this very hard-working image was paired with actresses Manisha Koirala and Ayesha Jhulka and was said to have dated both these actresses. However, Manisha Koirala was separated from them due to their anger and affair going on elsewhere.